Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lady Like and Smokin'

Hey everyone!  I am trying to get back into the flow of things after my crazy week last week!  The family and I went to pick up some groceries this weekend because we were getting close to being desperately low.  We always wait until we are pretty low so that we do not have to rotate out can goods and meat from the bottom of the deep freezer to the top.  You know how much "fun" that is.  While we were winding down our shopping at Walmart of course I had to stop by the polish section.  I found some NYC In a New York Color Minute Grand Central Station Quick Dry Polish.  I have seen over the blogs that people use this clear polish for a topcoat.  I thought at $1.72 a bottle why not??  If it is horrible I can always use it to apply rhinestones, studs or glequins.  I used it as a top coat in this mani so lets see how it turned out...

Did it smear my design??   Did it dry quickly??  Hmmm...let's see!

I started with my dehydrator and base coat.  I used two polishes I used Lady Like by Essie as a base color on my pinkie, middle finger and index finger.  I used Smokin by Sinful Colors on my ring finger and thumb.  Although I try to venture out I still truly love using my ring finger and thumb as my accent nails.  So after applying my base colors on each of my nails I decided to put my new top coat to the test.  I wanted to do a half moon mani and use the reinforcement label holes.  I usually apply some Seche Vite and it dries super fast.  So I decided to use the new top coat for this....it worked just as fast as Seche Vite!!  So we have a plus there!  It is so shiny as well!  There is another plus!  Next I applied the reinforcement labels and painted each finger with the other color (Essie on Sinful Colors and vice versa).  I then stamped all the nails with Sally Hansen Insta Dri Silver Sweep and Shany plate SH211.  I only stamped the bottom portion of the nail.  I am terrible at any type of free hand anything so I cleaned up my half moon line with Silver Glitter by Art Deco using a dotting tool.  Then I topped off the whole mani with the NYC Quick Dry Grand Central Station.  I purposely went over the stamping many times with the brush and did a super thick coat of the silver glitter.  It did not smudge at all!  I could not believe it!  It dries so quick and gives the glass like shine just like Seche Vite!  I plan to purchase this after I have finished all my many bottles of Seche Vite (Little and the huge refill bottles.  I hate running out of things...)!  It worked like a charm!

What is your favorite top coat??  Do you have a hard time finding top coats that do not smudge your nail art??  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love the mani, thanks for the tip......i will have to pick some up"!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so suprised to have liked this top coat! I struggled to find a top coat that would not smear my design. Let me know how it works for you!

      Delete

I love feedback, requests and comments. Please take the time to let me know your thoughts!